New to CCM?
A major part of university life is sharing fun-filled, laughable moments with friends.
That’s why each year, our calendar is jam-packed with exciting student activities that will not only provide opportunities to form genuine relationships with fellow students, but will also leave you feeling a sense of belonging. Our events include CCM’s signature semester orientation event, annual CCM student conference, monthly campus lunches and our weekly campus outreaches.
At the very heart of CCM, our passion is to see people from all walks of life find a hope in God. Our vision is that through CCM, students will be able to grow in their personal relationship with Jesus and deepen their understanding of who God is and what his plan and purpose is for their lives.
All throughout the year, CCM hosts a number of life groups which take place every Friday evening. It is a great opportunity to meet new people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Each Friday night entails a time of dinner, fun games, songs, fellowship and a Bible-based discussion. Life groups are not limited to CCM members, so all are welcome!
Which uni do you go to?
We have many locations for QUT life groups. Feel free to join any one of them, just reach out to any of the following point persons:
- Jason Chia (0433 335 431)
- Florence Yip (0430 944 240) - QUT Kelvin Grove
- Andrew Kuo (0401 959 941) - QUT Kelvin Grove
- Victor Kwok (0433 072 162) - Kelvin Grove
- Jacyline Khor (0433 991 029) - QUT Gardens Point
- Gigi Chau (0426 707 567) - QUT Kelvin Grove
- Ketrisha Loh (0411 159 640) - UQ
- Adam Lew (0431 818 844) - St Lucia
- Bonnie Law (0422 021 602) - St Lucia
- Leroy Yeow (0404 488 835) - St Lucia
- Ying Ying Lee (0423 476 269) - St Lucia
- Adam Wong (0490 052 580) - Toowong
- Sandy Lau (0466 584 654) - Toowong
- Zhuan Khai (0415 969 108) - Toowong
- Paul Zhang (0435 079 920) - Taringa
Tiffany Yuen (0431 607 376) - Woolloongabba
Gabriel Seah (0432 041 186) - Taringa
Gabriel See (0411 347 249)
Timothy Ngu (043 5225 999) <email@example.com>
CCM was initiated in Monash University in 1991 and began to flourish. In 1995, CCM Australia was formed and had chapters in Monash University, Swinburne University of Technology, University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology and the Australian National University. The first national president was Dr. Wilson Lim, who incidentally was part of the leadership that initially formed CCM in Monash University. Ps. Victor Soo became the second national president in 1998. CCM continued to grow throughout Australia and by 2000 has campus chapters in most state of Australia.
CCM was established in the University of Queensland and Queensland University of Technology in 1994. Both campus groups continued to grow from its humble beginnings until today. CCM is now one of the most active Christian groups in UQ, QUT and GU with a membership exceeding 500. In 2009, the Student Union presented CCM QUT with the award of “Club of the Year’, `Most Active Religious Group’, ‘Website of the Year’ and ‘Poster of the Year. CCM UQ is now one of the largest Christian group.
CCM in Brisbane has pioneered many innovations to reach its objectives. It is a Christian club that has willingly opened its doors to students and members of the community regardless of race, culture or religious affiliations. CCM in Brisbane is constantly innovating new approaches during university orientations to promote the club and to reach new students.
Audacious: No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regret
On 13-15 April 2018, over 300 participants from across three different university, the University of Queensland, Queensland University of technology and Griffith University held their annual CCM Conference in Watson Park Convention Center. CCM stands for Christian Campus Ministry. The 3-days 2-night conference took place in April. The theme for this year’s conference was “Audacious: No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regret”, aimed to inspire and challenge students to live a life of No Reserve, No Retreat and No Regret for Jesus. Furthermore, they were called to step out boldly and live an audacious live for Jesus.
Throughout the conference, there were 5 life changing and impacting sessions. The senior leadership team and also Pastor Joshua challenged the delegates to push beyond their comfort zones and to step out boldly into trusting God. The first two session challenged the delegates to have no reserve for God. They were challenged to trust God and continue to live a life of no reservations for Jesus. The following session, the delegates were challenged to follow Jesus wholeheartedly without having any retreat. The last two sessions were followed by moving forward together with Jesus, having no regrets in our walk. Overall, lives were touched and moved by God, and the delegates learn what it means to walk an audacious life for Jesus.
Besides life changing sessions, outdoor events were organised by the committee for Friday night and also Saturday afternoon. The activities promoted team building and also acts as a platform for delegates to get to know each other better. Delegates enjoyed the time spent with one another.
Sunday was a memorable and joyous occasion where participants gathered around the pool to witness and celebrate brothers and sisters taking a step of faith to commit their lives to Jesus by being water baptised. The conference ended with open testimonies, where participants flooded to the front row of the hall, all eager to share what God has been doing in their lives throughout this conference. It was an amazing time as we witnessed God’s grace at work within lives of the participants.
In summary, it has been an amazing 3-day 2-nights of tears, joy and laughter as God has spoken to many delegates and challenged their heart to live audaciously for God. As 2018 continues, the momentum will continue to make Jesus known in our campus. Onwards we march towards greater things as we continue to rely on God’s strength and grace.
Written by Jason Leong, Hope Brisbane
M: 0451 086 100
M: 0459 422 213
M: 0478 147 655
- 4 Fingers - 15% discount on all orders with representation of members card at payment
- Bull Bar Restaurant - 5% discount (except for Drinks & Specials)
- Formosa Asian Market - 5-10% on Selected Items
- Fruit Life - 10% off single product or 15%off purchase over $35
- Kadoya Japanese Restuarant - Free miso Soup for every meal purchase
- Little Singapore Uptown - 10% discount on all full price items (not including lunch special)
- Madtongsan II - 5% discount (food only)
- Momo Chicken - 10% discount (drinks excl.)
- Oporto (Myer Centre) - 10% discount (special promotion, snack items & drinks excl.).
- Pancake Manor - 10% off the bill (1 bill per table; exclusive from alcohol, set menu, and other discount offers)
- PassionTree - Free drink size up
- Salsa Fresh Mex (Myer centre) - 10% discount
- Sweet Treats Desserts Cafe (Myer Centre) - 10% discount (cakes excl.)
- Taste Gallery - 5% off on all items
- Cold Rock - 10% discount
- Laksa Hut - 5% discount (cash only and excluding public holidays)
- Panorama Cafe - 10% discount
- Asian Supermarket - 5% discount for all products
- Berry Me - 10% discount
- Boost Juice - 10% off on Tuesdays
- Burger Urge - Free thick cut chips with any purchases of burger (worth $4) upon presentation of Student ID
- Sago Restaurant Modern Vietnamese Cuisine - 10% Student discount upon presentation of card (other offers excl)
- Halim's Indian Taj Restaurant - 10% discount
- La Dolce Vita - 15% discount on drinks (non-alcoholic only) + 25% discount on food (weekends and public holidays excluded; each person must present their own card to redeem offer)
- Anything Catering - 20%-50% or more discount depending on pay for catering
- Mocha Lounge The Vill - 15% discount
- Thai Nakonlanna - 15% discount (not in conjunction with any other offer)
- Café Mi - 5% off the menu whole bill
- Juno Bakery and Cafe - 10% discount on in-store products (excluding specials, 3rd party items and drinks)
- Landmark Restaurant - 10% discount of the products or services from Monday to Fridays (except for the weekly special)
- Ramen Champion - 10% discount (ramen and rice only)
- Sunnybank Discount Fruit Market - 5% discount
- Udonya Tokoton (Mappen) - Upgrade from medium to large size for free
- Welcome Fresh Food - 5% - 10% discount on grocery items upon presentation of membership card (rice, wine, fruits & vegetables and special items excluded)
- Mr. Bap (Korean BBQ Restaurant) - 5% discount over $50 spent
- Kameruka Seafood - 10% discount over $25 spent upon presentation of CCM card
- Genkotsu Ramen Toowong - Free drink per purchase of ramen
- Miko's Bento - 15% off (lunch set excl.)
- San Churro Toowong - 10% discount on all menu (Toowong store only)
- Sushi Kiyomee - 5% discount for over $10 spent or 10% discount for over $20 spent
- Two Wong's Asian - 5% discount for special menu